Click here for more information on natural hair care products.
When you are thinking about the best natural hair care products it is, of course, crucial to know more than which products to use, but why. I have an embarrassing amount of discarded products hiding in my closet, but I’m getting very close to honing in on the perfect ones for my 4c hair.
**New – I just posted a review about the WEN Hair Care system to use for natural or transitioning hair. I tried it and liked it.
The best products are ones that are all natural, and ideally you would make most of them at home. Click here for a guide making your own healthy hair butter.
Conair HH400 1875 Watts Collapsible Bonnet Hair Dryer
When you are caring for natural hair it is important to have a good hair dryer that you can sit under if you want to be able to experiment with various hair styles.
Natural Hair Care Products: Basics
- Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter (moisturizer)
- Olive Oil/Shea Butter mix (oil to seal moisture)
- Cantu Coconut (shine)
Natural Hair Care Products: More Options
These are the top natural hair care products that I have experimented with. They are all generally natural and contain few harmful ingredients. I’ve found that the Elasta QP line works really well. They use natural ingredients although I have seen petroleum on the ingredients list for the deep conditioner. This list will change as I make new discoveries.
- Moisturizer: Elasta Qp Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer
- Deep Conditioner: Elasta Qp Dpr-11 Deep Penetrating Conditioner – (this has petroleum in it, but I love it anyway)
Shampoo: Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo (if you must shampoo)
New Discovery! – Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner from Trader Joe’s. No detergents. Smells great. Its a nice shampoo.
- Conditioner for Co-Poo(washing with conditioner instead of shampoo) – Elasta QP Intense Conditioner
- Oil: Jojoba Oil – You can find this at Trader Joe’s, health food stores, or online. Regular olive oil works too, believe it or not. Or shea butter. I like jojoba the best though because it has no smell.) Take a look at the recipe for making your own healthy hair butter.
- Gel: Isoplus Clear Gel – You don’t really need hair gel if you use the right oils. Coconut oil is great to add moisture and shine. If you find that you prefer using gel, look for one with a strong hold but that does not contain alcohol.
- Shine: Cantu Super Shine Hair Silk – Raw Coconut oil is also great to add moisture and shine if you can stand the smell.
Other supplies: Butterfly Clamps, clippies, small perm rods, pipe cleaners, wide tooth comb, plastic caps (shower cap), hair elastics (with no metal parts or seams) and scarves.
Straightening Natural Hair with a Flat Iron: Flat Iron, blow dryer, blow dryer comb, straightening or anti-frizz product, heat protectant and a moisture block/shine product.
Favorite Carol’s Daughter Products
Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter is one of the best natural hair care products that I have tried. It is a great moisturizer for daily maintenance. It does contain water, so be careful using it on styles that will revert with water. It is excellent for the relaxed ends on transitioning hair. The fragrance can be a little strong, but it is nice.
Carol’s Daughter Tui Leave-in Conditioner smells great and provides excellent softness and manageability for detangling. Its great for all natural styles, even locs.
Related Search Terms
hair care products for natural hair
natural black hair care products
organic hair care products
black hair care products
Flat Iron Reviews
Find the top rated flat irons and reviews.
Learn how to help the environment by reusing dead batteries.
SLR Digital Camera Reviews
Find the top SLR digital cameras.
Best Breast Pump
Find the best breast pump for your needs.
Jogging Stroller Reviews
Find the top rated jogging stroller and reviews.
Thank you for checking in on our recommended natural hair care products!
Incoming search terms:
- best products for transitioning from relaxed to natural hair
- transitioning hair products
- products for transitioning hair
- best products for transitioning hair
- transitioning from relaxed to natural hair products
- products to use when transitioning from relaxed to natural
- best hair products for transitioning hair
- best products for 4c hair
- hair care products for transitioning hair
- best shampoo for transitioning hair